About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Waste not want not



I do not like being wasteful especially when things are becoming increasingly more expensive but more so knowing how blessed we are to have so much compared to  many who have so little. I was given a huge bag of garlic cloves last week and far to many to use at any one given time.
So I grabbed a couple of large Jars, some quality olive oil and some fresh chillies. I combined the garlic cloves (peeled) and the chillies (chopped) in the jar then covered with the olive oil making sure they were fully submersed in the oil. Now I not only have whole garlic cloves on hand but a lovely garlic & chili infused oil as well.



Wondering about peeling those garlic cloves, well here is a simple little Idea that is on the market. It's a small tube of silicone. You place your garlic cloves inside and  role backwards and forwards and it peels the garlic.
They retail for a couple of dollars.


Caroline ♥ 

No comments: