About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cajun Sweet Potato, Carrot & Chickpea Soup


Ingredients

2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 medium Onions roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp cajun spice
600g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
500g carrots, peeled, sliced
6 cups chicken stock
400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed

Method

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
Stir in coriander, cumin and cajun spice cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
Add sweet potato and carrot. and cook stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
Add stock and cover saucepan bringing to the boil then rheat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Add chickpeas to soup and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until chickpeas and vegetables are tender.
Blend the soup in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan over medium-low heat. Season with salt and pepper.

Serve topped with sour cram or natural yogurt.

ENJOY ♥

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yum!!! Going to try this one .... hope it scared away the bugs!!! X X