About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Todays Creation




During the day I was deciding what to cook for tonight's dinner. I had several ideas but as usual my recipe evolved as I begun cooking. The end result this very tasty little dish was born. Quick and simple perfect for those can't be bothered evenings.


4 Garlic cloves

x1 large onion diced

500g Minced Beef

x1 400g Can Chickpeas

x1 Cup Basmati rice

x1 Jar Raguletto Red Wine Pasta Sauce

x3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste

x1 Large Lemon Juiced

x2 tbsp fresh / mixed herbs

x1 Bunch flat leaf parsley


1. Spray pan with a little oil, add onion, garlic and mince and cook until mince is browned.

2. Stir in rice cook for 5 minutes.

3. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, herbs, pasta sauce and tomato paste. Bring to the boil reduce the heat to a slow simmer and add 1/4 cup water.

4. Simmer until rice is cooked and tender keeping an eye that it does not dry out. As it becomes dry add a little about 1/4 cup at a time.

5.When cooked remove from heat and add parsley stirring through mix keeping a little for garnish.

6. Plate up meal and serve with crusty bread and sour cream, top with a little left over parsley.


Note: A little crumbled feta on the top would also go well with this dish or served with a simple green salad.


This mixture would also go well in stuffed capsicum's - just make sure you keep a little more moisture in it to prevent drying out and add to the capsicum after step 3 as rest of cooking will take place in the oven.


ENJOY♥

No comments: