About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blessed to be a blessing

It doesn't take much to make a difference..

I look around me and am reminded of how rich I really am. No .. I am not talking of money, If I was to measure my wealth in $ I would seem poor by comparison to many.


I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am, a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, heating for warmth, food on my table, nice clothes on my back, access to medical treatment, a car to drive, a job to pay the bills, living in a war free country, family and friends who love me, my health... Oh I could go on and on and on.

Yesterday I was to work at our Op Shop from 9am - 1pm, It was the last thing I wanted to do on my day off after working the last 5 days. I left home at 8am drove to the petrol station filled my car and then drove over town to the OP Shop, It was a slow morning until about 10.40am. I struck up a conversation with one of the customers who had her grandson with her. After saying good morning, I said to her is it Grandmas day today. Her reply was that it was grandmas day every day. As it turned out she cared for this Little boy full time. My response was to tell her that I take my hat off to grandparents today as they so often end up caring for the grandchildren. We talked for some time about her little grandson and her family. As she was about to leave I introduced myself and she herself, I then wished her a happy day and said it was lovely to meet her. She in turn thanked me and said chatting had brightened up her day and that everyone in the shop was so friendly. Blessed to be a Blessing.



Today after Church I went to K Mart to purchase some clothes to send to Africa to my two sponsor children Sandra 9 and Hamuzah 10.

In 2009 my husband Rob traveled to Africa with a team from Geelong to Uganda to an Orphanage - Jordan House http://www.operationuganda.com/ to conduct building projects, health checks and to gift the local Schools with sports equipment and school supplies. During his visit Rob had the opportunity to meet our then sponsor child George William and his mum and siblings who lived in this little shack only metres wide. We were able to assist the family to get George William to School by purchasing his uniform, shoes and bag, we provided simple cooking requirements for his mum as well as a small amount of money to set herself up to provide for her family. She purchased vegetables from the market and on sold them for a small profit to meet the needs of her family. During his time at Jordan House Rob decided that he would sponsor another child and so Sandra joined our family.

Later this week a team from here in Geelong http://www.geelong2uganda.com/ will again got to Uganda to visit Jordan House to complete health checks, dental checks, and assist in the local schools. I went shopping to get some clothes to send over for both Sandra & Hamuzah and because of the end of season I purchased 2 dresses and a set of PJ's for Sandra and I Purchased two T'Shirts and some shorts for a Hamuzah for a grand total of $26.00. So much for so little yet it will mean a great deal to these Children who themselves have so little. In addition one of my friends going over will take some extra money with her on my behalf and provide what Hamuzah's family may need as they live in the local community.

These children are blessed to be cared for or sponsored through Operation Uganda and I am blessed to be in a position to sponsor them and provide for them even in a small way. Blessed to a blessing.

.

No comments: