About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Monday, March 28, 2011

A new take on an Old Game

I have recently acquired an old scrabble board game from our op shop. The one with the wooden tiles. It is all in tact and my husband would like me to keep it that way but I have so many ideas for it's use.


1. I recently seen a child's bedroom that had old game boards randomly placed on one wall as decoration. This looked really effective and I thought the same could be done in an older child's room using Scrabble, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Ludo, Checkers and the like...


2. Try gluing the tiles to heads of push pins this simple little idea will help dress up any notice board and hold your notes in place in style.


3. By adding magnets to the back of each letter you have an alternative to those plastic letters children use on the fridge, I used double sided magnetic strip available from craft shops for about $6.00 for 3 metres.


They also make a lovely gift for friends as fridge magnets eg: Roberts Family. These then could be packaged in a small drawstring bag.


4. Use the wooden Stands & Letters as place setting's for guests at a dinner party you are hosting.


5. The ideas are endless, Use them on cards & gift tags. I plan to make some rings using the letters and some cuff links as well.


I would love to hear your ideas as well. Caroline ♥

1 comment:

mimagirlcreations said...

I have done this for Eli's room. A few vintage board games hanging up look fantastic on his vintage blue feature wall. I found some of the boards at the tip shop in perfect condition