About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mosaic Monday - A walk down memory lane




Picture (1)
Dumbarton Road, looking down Primrose Street. We Lived at Number 24 until July 1981. The Scotstoun Emporium is still in business today some 30 years on.
Picture (2)
Primrose Street looking towards Dumbarton Road. The third car from the left (navy blue) is the entrance to our close Number 24.
Picture (3)
Looking down Fore Street towards Primrose Street. This is where we played our days away. On the corner was a printers and there was an orange painted wall where we used to play balls.
Picture (4)
Looking down Scotstoun Street towards Dumbarton Road. My mum used to work in the offices on the corner as a cleaner in the evenings. I can remember going with her sometimes and playing ion the big old manual typewriter pretending I was someone important. The Shop next to it was Ivor’s (that’s who owned it) and it sold all sorts, newsagent, sweets, crisps, gifts, drinks and so on. Further down was the Dairy, Fresh Milk & Rolls and the Fish & Chip shop.

Thanks to Norrie who psoted these photo's on Urban Glasgow
http://urbanglasgow.wonko.myfastforum.org/archive/scotstoun__o_t__t_1978.html

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ooooh, nice! love those big brick buildings!