About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Buttons and Baths


Nothing is more relaxing than soaking in a nice warm bath, candles, music and glass of fine wine.
Well today I made some bath soak bags that will help make that long soak in the tub even more enjoyable indeed.
These bags are made from easy to find natural ingredients, I purchased the small muslin bags on eBay from the USA.

Ingredients

3 Tbsp milk powder
1 Tbsp oats
2 Tbsp dried rosemary
Rosemary essential oil

Small muslin bags

Mix ingredients together in a bowl, fill muslin bag and tie off to secure.

Variations on this are endless, swap oils e.g: Dried Lavender and Lavender Oil, Chamomile Leaves & Chamomile, use almond meal rather than milk powder, or Epsom salts.


The muslin bags can be decorated to your taste, I have used my vintage button's when tying off. You could stamp the bags, create a tab like a tea bag, again possibilities are endless.



To use either drop bag into bath as water is running or open & tie on the end of the tap so that water runs through as bath is filling.

ENJOY ♥

1 comment:

mimagirlcreations said...

I love the use of those gorgeous little vintage buttons. They look just fabulous