About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Monday, January 3, 2011

♥Sugar And Spice And All Things Nice♥

This lovely little hand and body scrub is thanks to my friend Kath. All you need is a few ingredients found around the home, mainly in your pantry. In addition a pretty jar to put it in.

I have used similar scrubs bought from markets for $40.00 yet this little wonder costs around $2.00 and then the jar I bought was $1.50.

Dress up the jar and you have a lovely gift for a friend. Great for folks with dry skin (me) or as hand scrub after gardening.


Late last year I attended a women's camp where the theme was "The Ordinary made Extraordinary". I was asked to lead a session over the weekend and being me wanted to add a creative flavour to the session. We talked about our hands being Ordinary but through our hands we can do Extraordinary things. We also reflected on how our hands have served both others and ourselves well over the years. At the end of our discussion I talked about the importance of caring for our hands and each of the women made two scrubs to take home one for themselves and one to give away.

1 cup of salt
1 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup of olive oil
10 drops pure lavender essential oil

Using an old bowl mix together all ingredients once well mixed transfer to your jar.

Not: You can vary the salt & sugar you use - sea salt etc.
You can also vary the oil - Almond oil
Essential oil of your choice, I also like citrus
And add a couple of drops of food colouring to pretty things up

About 1 teaspoon is all you need as a hand scrub, rub well into hands and then rinse off under warm water, pat dry with towel. Use in the shower as a body scrub.

ENJOY♥

1 comment:

mimagirlcreations said...

Oh I like the sound of this. And so cheap and easy! I shall have to give it a go