About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Orange, Poppy Seed & Ginger Coleslaw








We have just purchased a new outdoor setting to suite our courtyard. Rob spent the evening putting it together as I cooked tonight's dinner. Coleslaw, Potato salad & steak. Yes we enjoyed eating outdoors this evening.


Coleslaw Recipe



1/4 (400g) red cabbage, finely shredded

1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced

1 small red onion, thinly diced

120g snow peas sprouts

1/2 pkt Changs noodles



Dressing

1/2 cup light sour cream

1/2 cup orange juice

2cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated

2tsp poppy seeds



Dressing: Whisk sour cream, orange juice, ginger and Poppy seeds in a bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.



Combine cabbage, capsicum, onion, snow peas and noodles in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well.



This is a lovely light recipe for those lazy summer days.



ENJOY♥

No comments: