About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lavender & Peppermint Bath Soak


Tonight I made some lavender and peppermint bath soak.


Ingredients


I cup Epsom Salts
1/4 cup Bicarb / Baking soda
1/4 cup Sea Salt
Lavender Essential oil 12 drops
Peppermint Essential oil 6 drops
Some dried lavender husks

Place salts, soda, lavender husks in a bowl add the oils and mix together well.
Store in a glass jar.




The Epsom salts help to reduce inflammation to relieve the aches and pains from muscle cramps and works as a muscle relaxer. Epsom salts also works to remove the toxins from your body and is a natural emollient for your skin.

The sea salts are loaded with natural minerals and nutrients. Soaking in sea salts helps to remove the lactic acid build up that occurs in sore muscles.

The baking soda works to neutralize the acids in your skin and washes away the oil and perspiration.

The lavender has anti-inflammatory properties and the Peppermint is used to treat sore muscles.

Fill the bath with hot water and put 1/4 of the salt mixture in under the tap as it is filling.

Add some raffia or ribbon around the jar and maybe a small bunch of lavender for decoration and give as a gift.

ENJOY♥

2 comments:

mimagirlcreations said...

Nice I'll have to make this one tomorrow. I've been enjoying the scrub I made from your post a while back

Mrs Linee said...

I have been using the scrub daily in the shower and it has made anamazing diffirence to my dry and itchy arms & legs.