About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Recipe Challenge 2 - Orange Marmalade and Sesame, Ginger Prawns



Orange Marmalade And Sesame, Ginger Prawns 




Ingredients
4 tbs orange marmalade
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • 2 tsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbs sesame oil
  • 300g egg noodles
  • 1 tbs peanut oil, plus 1 tsp to toss noodles
  • 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 12 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
  • 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
  • Coriander leaves, to serve
  • I teaspoon toasted sesame seeds


  • Method
  • 1. Combine the marmalade, soy, garlic, ginger, vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
  • 2. Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to instructions. Drain, toss with 1 tsp peanut oil and set aside.
  • 3. Heat remaining 1 tbs peanut oil in a wok or deep frypan over medium-high heat. Add capsicum and onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Add sauce mixture, toss to coat prawns, then add noodles and toss for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Toss through spring onion and coriander sprinkle with toasted sesame and serve.




This recipe was quick and easy but very tasty, hubby gave it the thumbs up.


ENJOY♥

1 comment:

Lizzie Barbie said...

OMG it looks delicious! I love shrimp and have some in my fridge right now, I should consider this recipe, I'm hungry now.
Thank you so much for following my blog! It's greatly appreciated!