About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tightening The Purse Strings


As things are becoming increasingly more expensive I find that we need to tighten the purse strings to try and save wherever we can.

Last fortnight the Electricity and Gas Bill arrived at the same time ouch $450 dollars later. We are experiencing the coldest winter for a number of years so the heating has been going flat out, only of an evening (glad we are not home during the day as well).

So I am continuing to look for ways to shop that saves money.

I had today off so I picked up my mum made my monthly trip to NQR and Tasman meats. 

So here is what I purchased ate NQR

Birdseye steam fresh vegetables x 3pks $1.99 each
Poppadoms x3 89c each
Birdseye rustic potatoes x $1.29 each
Copperpot twin dips x2 $1.89 each
Leggos Anagnaloti fresh pasta x2 $1.99 each
Kellogs Special K x1 $2.99 each
Mission Jumbo Taco Shells x1 99c each
Mission Taco sauce x1 99c each
Trident rice crackers x 10 69c each
Leggos Fresh Pasta Sheets x2 $2.49 each
Bertolli Light Spread x1 $2.49 each
Leggos Fresh Calabrese Sauce x1 $1.99 each
Ducks Almon Meal x1 $2.29 each
Ducks Flaked Almonds x1 $2.29 each
Licorice Allsorts x1 $2.99 each
Crunchie rocks x2 99c each
Microwave dish x1 $2.49 each
Bulk sweet potato $8.07

Total bill was $63.80 with an estimated saving of $56.00

My purchases at Tasman Meats included

Twin pack chickens $5.99
1kg Yearling beef roast $5.50
1.8kg Lamb Loin Chops $17.08
2kg Chicken fillets $12.18
1.5kg Pork medallions $12.11
1 Black Pudding $2.99
Bulk Gravy Beef $24.45

Total $80.30
Estimated 20 meals for 2 that is 40 serves at $2.00 per serve (not bad)
I always try to look for what is on special and purchase that.


                                                    
I made this meal from the ingredients bought from both NQR & Tasamn meats. Spinach Anagnaloti with pasta sauce, with yearling steak, sweet potato mash & Parmesan cheese.

No comments: