About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Easy slow cooked Rogan Josh - A winter winner



I love Indian and recently we had a large group of friends visiting for a Sunday lunch and I decided to cook up some Indian. I made Beef Rogan Josh and  Tandoori Chicken. You know when you get Rogan Josh from the Indian restaurant the meat melts in your mouth, well that's what I wanted and that's what I got.

This recipe is so easy and is cooked in the slow cooker to get that tender melt in the mouth meat. I cooked in bulk as It is also a good recipe to freeze in portions.

Ingredients (for Bulk recipe)

2 Large onions sliced
2 Medium Sweet Potato Diced
2.5kg Gravy Beef Cut into 3cm Pieces
1/2 cup Flour
1 Jar Pataks Rogan Josh Paste
400g Can Diced Tomatoes
Olive oil

Method

In a freezer bag add flour and meat in batches, shake to coat the meat in flour then set aside.
Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and meat cook in batches to brown the meat set aside and repeat.
Place meat, onion and sweet potato in slow cooker and stir.
Add Rogan Josh Paste and tomatoes to slow cooker and stir until evenly combined.
If liquid is not covering meat add a little water until just covered.
Cook for 8hrs

Serve with basmati rice, poppadoms, nan bread and yoghurt.

ENJOY ♥

No comments: