About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Cauliflower, Bacon & Potato Soup



1 large Cauliflower (broken into florets)
750g Desiree Potatoes (peeled & chopped)
250g Bacon (Chopped & Fried)
Chicken Stock
Garlic
Pepper
Light Cream

Place cauliflower, potatoes, bacon, garlic (as much as you like or as little as you like), and enough stock to cover in a large saucepan.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until vegetables are soft and tender.
Blend in batches with a small amount of stock.

Before serving return to the saucepan add cream (as much as you like or as little as you like), and cracked pepper.

Serve with warm crusty bread.

Strain excess stock and freeze to use later in another soup recipe.

ENJOY♥

No comments: