About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Being Neighbourly



It was a normal part of life growing up in Scotland to have the neighbours pop in for a cuppa and a chat as I am sure it was here in Australia as well.

It's not so normal these days as we all drive cars and have automatic opening garage doors and such busy life's in general. So you can Imagine my surprise and at the same time my delight tonight to be invited to pop in to an elderly neighbours for a cuppa. Barb from across the road knocked on my door tonight and invited Rob and I to pop in sometime over the weekend for a coffee so we have made a time tomorrow.

I wonder what we can each do to bring a little bit neighbourliness back to our world.

                                     Lets all make an effort to be a little more neighbourly to those around us..  

Caroline ♥

2 comments:

georgi_girl said...

I know I should be posting about your comment Liney, but where did the cups and saucers in you pic come from 'cos I love them!

Mrs Linee said...

Borrowed picture - but the one right at the front is so similar to a tea set my mum & dad have at home. So thats why I used it..