About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Monday, June 20, 2011

More Than Just Scrap's



More than just scraps but hours of childhood memories and play.


As a little girl growing up In Scotland I can remember collecting, cutting and
swapping scraps with my friends.


We would buy our scraps from Ivor's (the name of the man who owned the local shop).
Carefully cut them and them and then place them in between the pages of books to protect them.   


We would then spend hours with our friends pouring over the pages and contents of our books, sometimes swapping (if we had doubles) and other times not.


It was a simple and inexpensive childhood pleasure that provided a world of Imagination
 and enjoyment for many hours. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline, I love scraps. My Mum still has my scraps from when I was a liitle girl.

I have started 2 scrap books for John's 2 Granddaughters.

It's a shame that the young ones don't do it now.

Mrs Linee said...

Janet that is so exciting. I relive my childhood through my blog LOL! as many of the things I played with were either sold or given away before we left Glasgow.

It is sad the young ones don't do it now. It gave us hours of pleasure and Joy.

Happy Scraping xx