About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup


Oh how I love winter food, Soup's, Stews and Warm Puddings. To top it off my husband also likes Soup's and Stew's.
Here is a simple recipe of my own that I love to cook and I love the aroma that it leaves in my house on those cold winter days.
 
Ingredients
 
5 litres chicken stock
4 chicken drumsticks
1 Cup frozen peas
1 Cup frozen corn
3 Celery stalks finely sliced 
1 medium carrot grated
1 medium zuchini grated
1 - 2 cups finely shredded cabbage 
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 cup angel hair pasta
Salt & Pepper to taste
freshly chopped parsley
 
In a large saucepan place stock, garlic, chicken drumsticks and all prepared vegeatables.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1hr.  
Add pasta, parsley and seasoning and cook for a further 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Remove drumsticks from suacepan and using a fork and knife reomve meat from the bones breaking up as you go. Returm meat to saucepan and serve the soup hot with warm crusty bread.


ENJOY ♥

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh how delicious - can I have some if I get the flu??

Amanda said...

this looks awesome! its a bit hot here for soup right now, but i do have a load of veggie scraps in the freezer that need to be boiled into broth.... i want to make this! i never think to add cabbage or spaghetti noodles, i always go with rice or alphabets instead. :P