About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Challenge - Happy Feet





This is a post on a friends Blog
"Starting from 1st May 2011 I plan to have a year without buying any clothes for myself. The money saved will go towards needy children in Rukurukulevu village, Fiji."

Why? Because she recognises that she has more than enough and so many around her have so little. She plans to use the money she would spend on clothes to buy shoes for children in a needy village in Fiji.

Got me thinking - What can I do?
I worked out that if someone gives up a coffee a week at $3.50 they would be able to save a $182.00 per year that is equal to 9 pairs of shoes.

So what can I do?
I love diet coke and I have wanted to stop drinking it as I know that it is not good for me, so I have decided to give it up for 12 month (hopefully lifetime) and I know that it will not only benefit the children of Fiji but also my health. So for every coke I would buy I will donate the money towards shoes for the children in Fiji.

For more information on this blog visit http://hopeforavillage.blogspot.com/
Maybe you could join the challenge and give up something for a year or sponsor my friend in what she is doing.

Caroline ♥

4 comments:

Kim Slatter said...

Wow! I am just SO excited!!!
Vinaka (Thank You) my dear friend.
What a blessing to these beautiful children!

Unknown said...

Go chick! Awesome job!

Unknown said...

Good stuff Caroline - you girls are the awesomist eva!!!!

Ma's Crafty Bits said...

Brilliant idea! Everyone should think of something they can give up for a year and donate the money saved to those who are needier. By helping others, we also help ourselves :)