About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wingsT
hese are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

I love Flowers but my favourite is dutch Iris
Peacock's, my favourite pet was a peacock called "Bob the Chook"
I love brown paper packages tied up with string, but I would rather give than receive
Quality time with good friends and family, cooking for others
Food: Sharing a Yummy platter with my husband, seafood, Lindt Chocolate
Christmas and Christmas decorations
Being at home in my PJ's
That fresh smell after a long awaited rain fall, walking in the rain
All things Scottish, helps me remain in touch with my Childhood and the Scott in me
Getting into bed when the bedding has just been changed
Feeling girly - love bags, love shoes, love jewelry
Perfume - Opium please
Tree's, I love trees
Being creative

16 months ago we moved homes and It became clear that it was time for a major clean out. The place we moved to was fresh & more modern and I felt it was a time for a change. The difficulty was what to get rid of, I had collected a lot of vintage China, depression glass, I had cupboards full of fancy bowls, platters, glass wear and the list goes on. I was not sure how I would go letting go of certain things, but amazed myself that after two huge garage sales I felt quite liberated that I was able to let go of so much.

What a good life lesson to have learnt, there are times in all our lives when wee need to have a clear out and let go so that we can move on and embrace the change.

I must admit that some things I could not part with that they needed to come with me on the next leg of the journey.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I like your reference to starting afresh in our lives Caroline. How true - it is sometimes hard to let go of 'things' that represent our lives thus far. Congratulations on the big clean out....brave indeed!! And look at your beautiful wee home...it's like a love nest just for you and Rob - your own private and intimate place that you love to share with friends and family. You have a gift of hospitality and have created a wonderful and welcoming atmosphere in your home.
...to let go of emotional issues can be just as hard as we battle to stay in our comfort zone. Sometimes the pain of the familiar is less frightening than the uncertainty of the unknown. But once we listen to God and realize that His plan is the perfect one for us, we relax in Him and know that our fears are unfounded. When we make the move the sense of freedom is a wonderful thing.