About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Summer Holidays


Day 2 - 11th January

Headed to Lakes Entrance this morning.. We enjoyed a boat trip today to a local winery sampling wine and enjoying a leisurely lunch. After an afternoon nap we enjoyed some Fish & Chips down by the water this evening.

I must say the day has been sad and overshadowed for me as I consider the devastation that has hit our Country. The floods in Queensland have claimed life, land, infrastructure, property and so on. We seem so far away here in Victoria, yet so close. We have several friends in the regions being hit by floods and natural disaster, so it brings it even closer to home for us.

My heart goes out and my prayers go up for all who have been affected by this time of loss.

No comments: