About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Friday, January 21, 2011

January 22nd 2000

♥Rob & I Celebrate our 11th Wedding Anniversary today♥
We were married in the Fenwick Baptist Church in East Geelong, our wedding was the last thing to happen before the Church doors closed and Fenwick merged with Leopold baptist to become Moolap Baptist Church. Being our home Church for a number of years It was very significant for us to be married at Fenwick.

We were married on a humid summer evening and our reception followed at All Saints Hall in Newtown.

It was an amazing day with many close friends and family taking part in our special occasion.
My friend Karen made my dress and I wore some tartan draped down my back. I came down the Isle to two two Scottish pieces transposed and played by friends "Eriskay Love Lit" and "Wastering Home".

When the Church closed we purchased some of the old pews to one day make a dinning table, well almost 11 years on the table has been completed and complimented by two other pews thanks to my clever husband, and boy it was worth the wait.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats! That's sad about the church closing, but pretty cool that yours was the last ceremony there - and you got a neat table out of it! it looks awesome - what a great conversation piece (& reminder).