About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Buttons




I had a great little find towards the end of last year at the Briar Patch Giftshop at the Wintergarden here in Geelong.
These stunning boxes of vintage buttons made from vegetable ivory—or Tagua nut from the Corozo palm.
I have a few projects ready to start to make good use of my wonderful find.
Funny thing I have a Button Phobia - yes I hear you laughing... I cannot go near jars of old musty buttons
More later ♥

2 comments:

Ma's Crafty Bits said...

I know what you mean about old musty buttons. I have a jar full of them from my grandmother and just thinking about opening it makes me shiver. It must be the old metal in them..

Robyn said...

Oh I looooove that gift shop.....just discovered it at Xmas time when having coffee at Wintergardens.....oh ah could spend some money in there!!! What a wonderful find Caroline.....will look forward to reading what u do with the buttons.... <3