About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Town



My town is an opportunity to share with you about where I live. I have lived in Geelong since 1981 after moving here with my family from Glasgow Scotland.
Geelong is Victoria's second largest city located on Corio Bay, we are the gateway to some of Victoria's most stunning attractions including the Great Ocean Road and the many stunning beach front communities along the Bellarine Peninsula.
Geelong has a population of 175,000 people and continues to be a popular place for people to relocate from the big smoke.
Life in Geelong is good, we are only an hour to Melbourne, Victoria's largest city but in some ways we still have that country town feeling.
I hope to be able to share with you some of our attractions over time through photographs that I will take.

The Geelong Waterfront - Located on Corio Bay



Giant Ferris Wheel On Geelong Waterfront



Some of the boats down the Geelong Waterfront



We have many Bollards like this all along the Waterfront 


Two more - Bathing Beauties 


Straight ahead is the swimming enclosure 

No comments: