About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Life is fragile

I was reminded again today that life is indeed fragile and that we do need to handle with care those who are nearest and dearest to us.

A young mum that I know is currently sitting by her young son's bed who at any moment will take his last breath. Young Seth will in the coming hours loose his life to a rare and cruel cancer that has ravaged his little body but not his spirit. Seth is only 11 years old but has been so brave through his battle.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been watching a mother blackbird bird protect her babies in a nest outside our back door. Only yesterday the nest was full with four little birds. I went to bring in some washing tonight and found that the nest was empty (my heart sank) I found one little bird cowering in the corner and mum making a lot of noise above my head. I grabbed a tea towel and tried to pick the bird up and place back in the nest with no luck, I went back out and tried again this time placing the baby back in the nest. Sadly it fell out and I decided it best be left alone with mum still watching over.

With this new year before us let us be always mindful of those around us, let us make every effort to protect the fragile and remember to tell and show those nearest and dearest to us that we LOVE them.  





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Caroline what a beautiful but heart rending sketch to open our eyes. Thank you it is a reminder of the precious x x De