About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scottish Shortbread


250g (8oz) Butter
1/3 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup ground rice or rice flour
2 1/4 cups plain flour

Allow butter to sit a room temperature for a couple of hours to soften.
Cream butter & sugar until light and creamy.
Stir in sifted flours in two batches.
When too siff to stir use hand to combine.
Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth.

You can choose many ways to cook shortbread.
♥ In a tin
♥ Shaped into fingers
♥ Use a shortbread mould
♥ Cookie Cutters - Reindeers, Angels, Stars and so on

Shortbread makes a lovely home made gift for family, friends & neighbours.

Enjoy - ♥ Caroline

No comments: