About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ramekin Baked Eggs


Ingredients (makes 4)

1/2 tablespoon butter / margarine
1/2 leek, pale section only thinly sliced and washed
1 teaspoons crushed garlic
3 rashers bacon coarsely chopped
1/4 cup cream
8 eggs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup grated cheese
Salt & Pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 180oC
2. Grease  ramekin dishes
3. Melt butter in fry pan add leek & garlic and cook gently stirring until leek softens. Add bacon & cook for a further 2-3mins
4. Spoon leek mixture into the ramekins. Top with 1 tablespoon cream then break 2 eggs into each ramekin and season with Salt & Pepper
5. Sprinkle with parsley and top with a little cheese
6. Bake for 15mins or until cooked

Serve with some rustic style potatoes or wedges and a juicy corn cob.

ENJOY ♥

No comments: