About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Challenge Update #2 - Happy Feet


It has been one month since I took up the challenge along with my friend Kim to give up something for 12 months to provide shoes for the children of Rukurukulevu village in Fiji. Well I am pleased to say that all is going well (a little to my surprise I must admit). I chose to give up diet coke as it was something I drank on a regular basis and something that I had been pondering giving up. No I have not replaced it with Pepsi Max, I have been drinking more fruit juice and much more water, I do have the odd lemonade as a treat.
I think that's about two pairs of shoes I have managed to buy for these beautiful children.

For more information on this blog visit http://hopeforavillage.blogspot.com/

Maybe you could join the challenge and give up something for a year or sponsor my friend in what she is doing.

Caroline♥

2 comments:

Kim Slatter said...

Woo Hoo! One month - good job.
So excited by your encouragement & willingness to act.
"Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth" 1 John 3:18.

Robyn said...

Great stuff Linny .... !!!! You are truly inspirational in so many ways ....

Woke up thinking about what you girls were DOING this morning ..... yep I need to DO for God, DO for the children .... so eyelash extensions be gone!!! Yikes!!! After 2.5 yrs - no more ..... how could I not join my two special buddies and act .... thank you X X