About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spaghetti Bolognaise a la Linee

Spaghetti Bolognaise a la Linee

Ingredients

x1kg Beef mince
x 2 Onions diced
x1 Liter of water
x I Jar Tomato Paste or Pasta sauce
x1 Cup Tomato Pure
x2 400g Cans of four bean mix
x1 Cup red wine
x4 Garlic cloves, chopped / crushed
x4 Bay leaves
Fresh or dried herbs of choice
Salt & Pepper

Method

1.Place meat in saucepan with water and cook until meat just starts to change colour (no I do not brown the meat as many do, I learnt this method years ago from a friend and I liked it so stuck with it).

2. Drain water from saucepan return to heat, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.

3. Add in all other ingredients and allow the sauce to simmer on the stove for a good half hour.

4. Before serving remove bay leaves.

This makes a large quantity of sauce that can be frozen in portions or used in other recipes such as lasagna.



ENJOY♥

No comments: