About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Challenge Update - Happy Feet

                                                                 1. Birthday Shoes

I am pleased to say that the happy feet challenge is well underway and I am finding it a lot easier than I thought to give up the diet coke. The biggest challenge is when someone you are visiting offers you one, but so far so good. I am keen to get off the artificial sweeteners and all the other bad stuff in these diet drinks. At best I have the odd lemonade but usually choose a fruit juice or home made cordial.

Well since this challenge for our young Friends Rukurukulevu village in Fiji (please visit http://hopeforavillage.blogspot.com/ ) we have had a similar challenge at our Church. As a church we are in partnership with the village of Kawangware in Africa, this is a very poor community and we as a Church are working alongside the local Church in Kawangware to bring hope. So on Tuesday evening the Sisters of Barrabool Hills Baptist Church came together to share some fun and laughs and some serious moments as well as we raised money for shoes for the Children of Kawangware - the Sisters (about 70 attended) were asked to consider donating $2 for every pair of shoes in her wardrobe. I was blessed to receive an email saying that together we raised $1,100 - now that's a lot of Happy Feet.

No comments: