About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Begining the winter stockpile



Tonight my kitchen is filled with the aroma of minestrone soup cooking away of the stove. Time to start my winter stockpile and fill that new freezer I got last weekend.

Minestrone Soup
Ingredients
250g diced bacon
3 litres Beef stock
2x 400g Tins chopped tomatoes
1x 400g Tin tomato puree
1x 400g Tin 4 bean mix
3 large Carrots diced
3 sticks of celery sliced
1 zucchini sliced
2 cup frozen beans
3 large potatoes diced
2 cups finely chopped cabbage
½ cup angel hair pasta
Garlic to taste
Italian herbs to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
1. Brown bacon in pan set aside
2. Place all ingredients in saucepan (except paste) and bring to the boil then reduce to a steady simmer for about 45minutes.
3.Add pasta and cook for a further 15mins until just tender

Minestrone can be served as a meal on its own with the addition of some delicious crusty bread, garlic bread or a cheese toastie on the side.

You can vary the vegetables you use, I like to look in my fridge and see what needs to be used up and include.

ENJOY♥

No comments: