About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Tally-Ho Facts about Australia

I found these Aussie facts on packets of Tally-Ho papers....
Thought I would post them for a bit of fun...

Have a go at pronouncing the last one - good luck...

1. The Great Ocean Road was built by men who served in World War 1

2. The "dingo fence" in Australia is the longest fence in the world and is about twice as long as the Great Wall of China

3. The average Australian will consume half a tone of cheese, eight tones of fruit and ten tones of vegetables

4. There are more than two Kangaroos for every person in Australia

5. Australia has the greatest number of reptiles of any country, with 755 species

6. Australia's coastline stretches almost 50,000 kilometers

7. Mamungkukumpuragkuntjunya Hill is the longest place name in Australia

2 comments:

bitemebad91 said...

Australia has an average of three people per square kilometre, making it one of the lowest population densities in the world

Zion said...

Great facts thanks!!

For more interesting facts about Australia visit www.expatsdownunder.com.au