About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

More Potting and Some Pizza

First project for the morning - a trip to Bunnings to buy some herbs and a pot to create a wee herb garden... As we live in a unit with only a courtyard anything else is out of the question. I found this lovely little Barrel and decided it was perfect - I have potted some Rosemary, Lemon Thyme, Italian Parsley, Mint and Basil... I am not much of a green thumb so hope they all survive.

In addition to the herb pot I have planted some bulbs Daffodils, Red Hyacinths and Triteleia or Spring Star so fingers crossed. These remind me of Easter in Scotland there was always Daffodils, Hyacinths and Crocus growing in a piece of land that was on the way to my School.

Tonight was home made pizza night ... One meat Lovers and One Antipasto






Ingredients


Pitta breads

Tomato Paste

Ricotta Cheese]

Various cured meats, salami, prosciutto, chorizo etc.

Olives, Sun dried tomatoes

Marinated Mushrooms, Artichokes, Eggplant, Peppers

Shaved Zucchini

Baby Bocconcini Cheese

Mozzarella Cheese


To make


Base for both Pizza's - Pitta Bread

Spread with Tomato Paste then Ricotta


Pizza One


Mozzarella followed by various cured meats as above


Pizza Two


Olives, Sun dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, artichokes, Eggplant, Pepper and Zucchini

Baby Bocconcini and Mozzarella


Bake in oven at 180oC until golden and base is crisp









No comments: