About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Very Merry Balsamic Berry Trifle



Ingredients

600g Mixed Berries
1/4 Cup Icing Sugar
4 Caps full Balsamic Vinegar
5 tbsp water
2 Packets of Port Wine Jelly (made to instructions)
1 300g – 400g Jam Roll
1 Litre of custard
250ml Whipped Cream
Fresh berries to decorate
¼ Cup Sherry

Place 600g Berries, icing sugar water and balsamic in a bowl. Cover with lid & refrigerate. Stir / shake berries every now and then. (the longer the berries soak the greater the syrup they produce)
Cut jam roll into 1 cm thick slices
Make custard (bought custard works just as well if in a hurry)
Whip cream
When jelly is almost set break up with a fork.
To assemble trifle

· Start with layer of cake in a clear glass bowl
· Add a little sherry to soak into cake
· Next layer with 1/2 of berries
· Follow with layer of jelly
· Then layer of custard
· Repeat
· Top with whipped cream & fresh berries
Enjoy ♥

No comments: