About Me

My photo
I was born in Glasgow, Scotalnd and moved with my family to Geelong, Australia in 1981. I love to cook, I love to craft and I love to remember days now gone. This blog is as much for me as it is for anyone else, It's a way to express, share and remember. Linee pronounced Line-e is a name giving to some years ago by a friend’s daughter who found it difficult to say Caroline as a little girl, over the years it has stuck and now I am known to many as Linee.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ploughman's Lunch


Ploughman’s Lunch is a lunch packed for a ploughman to take out into the fields for his lunch. Just where the name or contents of a Ploughmans comes from has been lost in the mists of time though there are records of it mentioned in 18th century literature.

Last Sunday we invited friends over for lunch, I was keen for it to be a leisurely affair so we could chat and catch up. One friend is both gluten and dairy intolerant so I had to make sure we could cater for her in what we served.



I decided to serve a ploughman’s lunch consisting of –

Mixed Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion, Avocado, cucumber, Mushrooms, Gherkins, Sun dried Tomatoes, Olives, Beetroot Relish, Ham, Roast Beef, Salami, salmon, Pickled Onions, Quince Paste, Cheese’s, Pesto Dip, Pickles and a variety of breads & gluten free wraps.


1 comment:

Robyn said...

I think you are the platter Queen Mrs L.....u have the knack....